The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. FAIRMED is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Limitations and alternatives
Below is a description of the known limitations and alternatives.
1. video transcripts: There are no transcripts for the videos as we are unable to manually transcribe the videos due to lack of resources. We are working on providing transcripts in the future.
2. submission of forms: The input buttons on the forms are not fully accessible as we are unable to change the form input buttons in the current programming. We are working on updating our form layouts in the future to make them accessible.
3. interactive map: the interactive map is not fully accessible to screen readers as adding alternative text to the interactive map is challenging and currently not compatible with the coding of the page. We are looking at ways to make the interactive map accessible or alternative formats to convey the same information.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our page. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: Aarbergergasse 29, Postfach, 3001 Bern
Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.